Monday 30 June 2008

What happened to the one week holiday?

Well I feel as though I could do with another week off... but that's life. From the 23rd of June I submitted my PhD thesis (nice moment, I don't think my viva corrections will be so nice though!), what a relief, it will be nice to have the weekends off and get a decent pay.

So what have I done with the one week I've had off (most PhD students would probably take a month, possibly 3 or even a year off- evidently I'm not bitter), well been out drinking, sleeping (a lot), washing (3 cycles-ridiculous, washing machines are expensive), I've been dancing, gone round the Fitzwilliam museum (a real education, there's a lot paintings, pottery and weapons to see). I also went to the movies and baked a cake on Friday, I think the audience was suitably impressed - one person living on my floor thought I'd bought it (sorry for the modesty!).

At the weekend I went back to Notts. It was quite relaxing, watching the TV, went for a walk and just lazed around on the sofa.

Tonight, I maybe down at Bar Salsa, depends how tired I am, as I don't want to come into the first day of my job as a zombie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Q: "What happened to the one week holiday?"
A: "one week = 7 days = 168 hours = 10080 minutes = 604800 seconds = it passed by, that's what happened!"