Wednesday 11 June 2008

Lets hope this Ice age thaws over

Friday night was a bbq at the OC, the food was ok from what I saw + they were providing some free alcohol, I reckon there must have been about 30 people there. Saturday I was down the gym fairly early on, then went dancing for two hours. We then went into town to get our uniform (the old one had to change because the girls stuff didn't fit with what we had previously bought), which looks good though the trousers were quite expensive. Sunday was fairly relaxed. I was invited to Trinity May Ball by person X but had to decline on the basis that I'm performing at Clare on that night...such a pitty I would really have liked to have gone.

Monday was Charlotte's birthday, I think she really enjoyed the dancing and the cake in St Ives. I probably shouldn't have tried to force her to do a quadruple spin in 4 beats (as she nearly toppled), but hey that's life! General dancing was ok, I enjoyed the routine earlier. Tuesday was the day to order a fathers day present...I think he'll like it!

Wednesday..what a day!
  • Work - is going well, the thesis seems to be on track.
  • Virus - Queens' are apparently having a problem with a trojan -> internet on sporadically.
  • Email - I don't think person Y is particularly happy with person Z on the basis of an email sent to person Y's boss. It was meant to be a like hearted way of getting person Y to give person Z a document. Hopefully person Y will look at it in that light and forgive and forget so there is no 'tension.' Otherwise we'll have to be standing to attention to account for this tension!
  • Conversation - Probably the longest conversation I've had with Hamse about research since I've been in Cambridge, it must have lasted ~ 45mins (I didn't think we could collectively talk for that long).
Dance, dance where ever you may be because I am the lord of the dance say he -> well that equates to practice tonight. One of the comments my maths teacher used to make before we were about to sit an exam was that "this is not a dress rehearsal", well today it is!


On a last note I've booked myself a place on the GBSEx congress should be great fun! Yes I know I use too many exclaimation marks!!

No comments: