Wednesday 26 March 2008

Tom in Town

Well there was a surprise.  Tom (my brother) had come back from Cuba and had a few days spare before he heads down to London. I invited him to come to Cambridge for a day or so, to catch up on information in general and find out more about his trip to Cuba.  It sounds like he had a great time: drinking, relaxing, scub diving, walking and salsa dancing. I guess the only downer of the holiday was his last night in Havana, where the hotel apparently was all booked up!

Anyway it was great to see him on Tues night. Sadly I missed Sally & Chris' on2 lesson, but that's life [yes not a 100% record any longer!]. We went out to the Bangkok City Thai restuarant on Green St. I have only been there once before, last time I got a take-a-way and that was a Green Thai Curry. On Tues, I had the pork stir fry and my brother the Green Thai Curry, both accompanied by traditional Thai Singh beers. Singh beer is quite sweet as far as beer goes and fairly strong (6%). For dessert we finished with a lemon and champagne sorbet. We then headed off to La Raza for some cocktails. The cocktails in La Raza are quite expensive but really nice, there was also a live band playing there; I thought their "funky soul" music was great to relax to. However, the female lead singer given the fact that she was about 40+, could have worn a less revealing outfit...if you know what I'm saying!

Today we had 4 games of squash. I lost 4-0 so it looks like a need a bit more practice. Having said that that was my 4th competitive set of squash games, so not too bad. We cruised around the shops for some clothes then went to the Prince Reagent. To our surprise they were not serving burgers so we ended up in the GBK. Nice burgers and chips, a little expensive though. Before Tom headed off we went to the cinema to what Juno. The movie lasted a little over 1 hour and a half.  My opinion: I thoroughly enjoyed it, great story line, amusing with great character interaction. 

Now back in the room chilling out for the next day ahead.


 

No comments: