Sunday 27 April 2008

Long time no post!

It has been almost two weeks since I last made a post. I guess it's probably a combination of being busy with a mixture of activities and events. Last weekend was my Dad's birthday so I went back home to celebrate, after chilling out for a while we did a blind wine tasting session, which I failed abysmally at by picking the cheaper of the two wines under the belief that it was the more expensive one. My only excuse was that I didn't have a pallet cleanser. Anyway we went out to a Turkish restaurant (for a change, we normally go to Chinese for some reason) in the centre of Notts. We all went for the 3-course meal, greater starter - mixture of beans, sauce, salad. I had a traditional mixed kebab for the main course then finished up with some bakala (if that's how you spell it?). All in all a good night. Sunday I decided to go down to SOS with my brother. I thoroughly enjoyed it, the level 4 lesson was good- good in the sense that it pushed you but was not out of your league.

Other news

More recently I have been offered a post-doc position, so that's great news. The thesis seems to be going well, just a bit of chopping and changing then all should be done and dusted.

In the mean time I need to sort out a presentation for my PhD for tomorrow and get a pizza from the shop, so I can't procrastinate any longer!

No comments: