Monday 19 May 2008

Polymer Informatics here we come!

I am really excited about the new postdoctoral position I have been appointed to in Peter Murray-Rust's lab. The work will involve a lot of java programming and xml processing. The main goal is to develop a polymer ontology. I think I will learn a lot over these next two years.

Other work related issues include the submission of my thesis, which should hopefully happen pretty shortly as I have given a second draft to John (fingers crossed, he'll give his blessing!). Not much else, but I may start writing up another publication related to my thesis in my spare time.

Miscellaneous news: my parents are in Madeira for a week, hopefully they are having a good time on holiday, I think they needed a break from work. My brother came back from a Tax conference, then went out to the dogs (betting on dogs). I don't think he won anything, but it sounded like he enjoyed himself.

No comments: